Laurie has an extensive background in Sales and Credit Management.
Laurie has established himself as a leading seminar presenter and authority on the implementation into companies of sales and credit policies and procedures, staff development training and industry information.
Laurie Brenssell has an extensive background in Sales and Credit management throughout New Zealand. In 2000 he sold his successful Credit Agency, Northern Credit Consultants Ltd and its associated companies into Receivables Management Ltd as part of their Australasian merger. He was then appointed National Sales and Marketing Manager for the New Zealand company during its initial set up phase. Having completed that assignment, he established his own consultancy in November 2002.
The establishment of this provided an opportunity to diversify and to offer innovative new policies and procedures with the emphasis on enhancing the performance of companies by focusing on human resources, rather than a less flexible policy guideline, where team focus is identified as the single greatest performance enhancer.
Prior to forming Northern Credit Consultants Ltd in 1996, Laurie was Northern Regional Manager of the Cory’s Fraser Electrical group for three years, being responsible for 15 branches. From 1987 to 1993, Laurie was involved in the early establishment of Creditcorp Services Ltd, which became a public company with 14 branches nationwide. Laurie is an executive member of the Associated Credit Bureau Inc and is an Associate of the New Zealand Credit & Finance Institute. He is also currently a Mentor for the Business Enterprise Agency.
• Sales: Business Management Seminars
• The Role of Finance in Business
• Business Targets: Sales, Cash, Growth and Development
• Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets
• Preparing Budgets – Understanding Their Role
• Understanding the Credit Function
• Business Strategy
• Preparing a Marketing Plan
• The Cost of Credit - Why accounts become overdue
• Customer Needs Analysis
• Definitions of Service
• Confidence With Complaints & Handling Objections
• Development of S.W.O.T Skills to Improve Business PerformanceSales Seminars
• Managing Interpersonal Relationships – communicate with confidence.
• Keys to Effective Listening
• Establishing Communication between Sales & Credit Departments
• Understanding the Credit Control Function
• Why Accounts Become Overdue
• Confidence with Complaints
• Recognising Customer Buying Signals & benefit selling
• Customer Needs Analysis - Your career at the counter